Specifically the intent is to help SGX companies further understand natural resource dependency and optimise their operations in line with resource availability.
Mita Natarajan, Head of Corporate Services at Singapore Exchange said, “We recognise that companies that act now to reduce risk from natural resource dependency stand to achieve competitive advantage from reduced input costs and better access to capital in the future.”
Neil McIndoe, Head of Environmental Finance at Trucost said, “In terms of water, a key environmental issue for Asian companies, Trucost calculates that more than a quarter of profits of the world’s biggest companies would be wiped out if water was priced to reflect its value. We are delighted to be working with Singapore Exchange to help its listed companies identify their exposure to environmental issues along the value chain.”
SGX Environmental Benchmark Insights comprises of two offerings:
The corporate briefing module:
- Identifies environmental impacts most significant to company operations and supply chains
- Provides focus areas for environmental impact management and reduction
- Assesses profit at risk from future environmental costs
- Benchmarks environmental performance and disclosure
- Outlines sector specific environmental challenges and opportunities
The benchmark module:
- Provides detailed peer assessments of environmental performance and reporting
SGX and Trucost will be conducting a road show later this year to help companies understand the financial implications of their environmental dependencies.
Find out more
+44 (0)20 7160 9800