World Water Week in Stockholm is the annual focal point for the globe’s water issues. It is organized by SIWI. In 2017, World Water Week will address the theme “water and waste – reduce and reuse”. In 2016, over 3,200 individuals and around 330 convening organizations from 130 countries participated in the Week.
World Water Week provides a unique forum for the exchange of views, experiences and practices between the scientific, business, policy and civic communities. It focuses on new thinking and positive action toward water-related challenges and their impact on the world’s environment, health, climate, economic and poverty reduction agendas by:
- Linking scientific understanding with policy and decision-making to develop concrete solutions to water, environment and development challenges
- Fostering proactive partnerships and alliances between individuals and organisations from different fields of expertise
- Highlighting ground-breaking research, best practices and innovative policy work by stakeholders and experts around the world and from multiple disciplines
- Reviewing the implementation of actions, commitments and decisions in international processes and by different stakeholders in response to the challenges
- Awarding outstanding achievements
Libby Bernick, Global Head of Corporate Business at Trucost, part of S&P Dow Jones Indices, will be speaking on the panel ‘Rethink water. Reinvent business. Reframing the way businesses value water’
This event runs 27 August – 1 September, 2017.
Visit World Water Week for further information and to register