There is an urgent need for investment in water infrastructure, technology, and services in order to maintain water supply to industries and populations alike. This is the wake-up call for a significant increase in funding for the utilities sector. Additionally, there is also huge demand for a greater understanding of operational impact of water within corporates and the business strategies required to help mitigate and manage water security in the future.
Situated in the heart of the City of London, the Water: Risk, Opportunity and Sustainability conference will cover the following themes:
- The importance of water to long-term business sustainability
- Water security, water stress measurement and business continuity in the future
- Methods and strategies for investing in water
- Water risks: The metrics that matter for global investors
- Water utilities & infrastructure – assessing funding requirements and financing approaches
- Water risks in the portfolio – an institutional investor perspective
- Climate bonds and building water resilience in developing countries
- Water reporting methodologies and the impact on corporate water stewardship
- Identifying and managing water risks beyond the fence line
With a geographical focus on corporates and financial institutions based in Europe, it will also appeal to organizations with operations worldwide.
Richard Mattison, CEO Trucost, part of S&P Dow Jones Indices, will be speaking on the panel session Water utilities & infrastructure. The panel will discuss the funding gap between water utilities and infrastructure, future demand and approached to funding and investment.
Please visit Environmental Finance for further information and to register.