The Trucost Climate Change Physical Risk dataset
It is anticipated that climate change may increase the frequency of climatic events such as hurricanes, floods, heatwaves and wildfires, increasing the physical risks to company assets. The Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) has highlighted that these physical risks could have significant financial implications.
The Trucost Climate Change Physical Risk dataset helps companies understand the exposure of their owned facilities and capital assets to climate change physical impacts under future climate change scenarios. Trucost’s insights can inform TCFD aligned reporting, risk management and climate change adaptation strategies.
- Six climate change physical risk indicators including heatwaves, cold waves, droughts, hurricanes, wildfires, and river and coastal flooding
- Coverage on 15,000+ companies and 500,000 underlying assets1
- Low, moderate and high future climate change scenarios based on data from the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, a key input to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports (IPCC)
- Estimates of climate change physical impacts in 2025, 2030 and 2050
- Annual data subscription and portfolio physical risk exposure analysis for listed equity and debt investments