The Trucost Corporate Carbon Pricing Tool
Carbon pricing is set to feature prominently in global efforts to address climate change, with carbon prices already implemented in many countries and regions. To help companies understand their exposure, Trucost has quantified current pricing schemes in over 130 regions together with potential future carbon pricing scenarios required to limit global warming to 2 degrees Celsius. Business analytics assess the potential impact of future carbon prices on key financial metrics and competitiveness. With The Corporate Carbon Pricing Tool you can:
- Set a range of internal carbon prices aligned to regional policy trends, across the enterprise or regional activities
- Prioritize low-carbon innovation where it matters most
- Benchmark carbon regulation risk exposure against key competitors
- Conduct a 2° stress test against rising carbon prices and respond to investor expectations
- Understand current and future financial implications of carbon regulation risk on operating costs and margins
Trucost examines how investors can integrate future carbon price risk into portfolio analysis.
It is becoming widely accepted that high-carbon activities present considerable threats to social, environmental, and financial stability. Carbon pricing mechanisms such as emissions trading schemes, taxes on carbon or fuel, and the removal of fossil fuel subsidies can help provide the incentives needed to change company behaviour.
Understanding carbon pricing risk exposure is essential to managing business risk and building resilience...