Carbon Pricing Investor Toolkit
Carbon pricing is set to feature prominently in global efforts to address climate change, with carbon prices already implemented in many countries and regions.
To help investors understand their portfolio exposure, Trucost has quantified current pricing schemes in over 130 regions together with potential future carbon pricing scenarios required to limit global warming to two degrees Celsius.
With the Carbon Pricing Investor Toolkit you can:
- Apply carbon prices to operational and supply chain carbon emissions generated in a portfolio
- Measure the gap between current carbon prices and future carbon price targets for companies in the portfolio
- Identify those sectors, companies or business segments that are the most exposed to rising carbon prices
- Conduct a 2°C stress test on a portfolio using forecast carbon prices
- Respond to the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- Understand current and future financial implications of carbon regulation risk
Trucost examines how investors can integrate future carbon price risk into portfolio analysis.
Trucost and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) have developed a tool...