Trucost, the leading environmental data company, has headquarters in London, offices in Boston, New York and Hong Kong and partners across the globe.
If you are looking for a career that will challenge your intellect and your imagination, you thrive on a busy and diverse workload and you are always keen to develop your skills, you will find plenty of opportunities at Trucost.
Business Development Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Location: London, UK. Will require travel
Trucost is a rapidly growing, dynamic, global research and information business focused on natural resource economics, with a growing client base of investors, corporations and consultants in the Americas, Asia, Australia and Europe. The Company pioneered the quantitative analysis of corporate impacts on the environment, in terms of carbon emissions, water use, natural resources, waste and pollution. We provide the data, insight and tools that business needs to integrate nature into every day decision making; to optimise operations, supply chains and products in line with global resource availability; to deliver net benefits.
Trucost has also spent the last 10 years researching, standardising and validating environmental data on the world's largest companies and central to our approach is our advanced environmental profiling model that enables us to calculate a company’s environmental dependencies, across their value chain, even if companies do not disclose this information. Trucost’s clients include Puma, L’Oreal, Philips, BSkyB, Royal Bank of Scotland, Veolia and The Environment Agency amongst many others.
Trucost provides excellent opportunities for personal growth and development for new employees in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, in an interesting and exciting area.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the Corporate Services team in our busy London office.
You'll be assigned some key market segments and you will be responsible for growing Trucost’s business in these areas, for gaining new customers and accounts as well as the account management of some existing accounts.
This is a varied role which requires a flexible individual to work successfully independently as well as part of a team, and it offers the opportunity for significant travel.
- Developing the strategic approach for growing sales in your assigned market area in collaboration with the Head of Business Development and Head of Service Line.
- Representing Trucost at meetings with prospects, effectively recognising their needs and conveying Trucost’s value proposition
- Generating leads and networking
- Maintaining existing accounts
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Establishing and maintaining client accounts
- Providing management with market feedback
- Ownership of a sales target
- Experience in sustainability, preferably in a business development or consulting role
- Excellent business acumen, good negotiation skills and persuasiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidence presenting to large groups, proposal writing, and enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Be self-motivated and results oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Fluency in English
- Preferred Experience
The ideal candidate would have some experience in a number of these areas:
- A background in business development or management consulting to large corporations, helping them understand sustainability in economic terms and embed it in their business strategies
- Knowledge of key environmental issues that companies face
- Understanding of natural capital, sustainable supply chains, integrated reporting, environmental measurement and management systems, assurance, carbon accounting and associated commercial software solutions, Life Cycle Analysis and Input-Output modelling techniques.
- Fluency in additional languages will be looked upon favourably
Please email your CV with a covering letter before 16th June, quoting in the email subject title “BDM Application” to:
For more information on Trucost, please visit our website: www.trucost.com.
This job offers an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic company in an interesting and exciting area. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary. Trucost is an equal opportunity employer.
Trucost is a rapidly expanding company. If you wish to register your interest in future roles, please post your CV with a covering letter explaining what you can offer and why you want to work at Trucost to: Careers, Trucost Plc, 22 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1LS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trucost is an equal opportunites employer.